Information You Voluntarily Submit to the Website
We may collect personal information from you such as your name, email address and your website address. For example, you may voluntarily submit information to the Website by leaving a comment, subscribing to a newsletter, enter a promotion, or submitting a contact form/enquiry form. If you have provided your email address to us, we promise to use it only for the purposes for which it is provided. We will not use your email address to contact you for unrelated reasons and we will not share your email address with any third parties.
We automatically collect certain information about you and the device with which you access the Website. For example, when you use the Website, we will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the Website. We may also collect information about actions you take when using the Website, such as links clicked.
From time to time, we may use anonymous data, which does not identify you alone, or when combined with data from other parties. This type of anonymous data may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. Examples of this anonymous data may include analytics or information collected from cookies.
Publicly visible information
If you leave a comment on the Website, certain information may be publicly visible. Your email address will never be available publicly. At your option, you may also add an avatar, a profile description, and a link to your website (or social media platforms). Users may see your username, avatar, profile description and website information.
Embedded content from other websites
On the Website, you may subscribe to our newsletter, which may be used for promotion purposes. All newsletters sent may contain tracking pixels. The pixel is embedded in emails and allows an analysis of the success of online marketing campaigns. Because of these tracking pixels, we may see if and when you open an email and which links within the email you click. Also, this allows the Website to adapt the content of future newsletters to the interests of the user. This behavior will not be passed on to third parties.
Affiliate Program Participation
The Website may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the Website. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
Sensitive personal information
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising
For information regarding data collection by Mediavine ad partners including how to opt out of data collection, please click here.
Rights related to your personal information
- Opt-out – You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also notify us at contact[at]redhousespice[dot]com to be removed from our mailing list.
- Access – You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request to contact[at]redhousespice[dot]com.
- Amend – You may contact us at contact[at]redhousespice[dot]com to amend or update your personal information.
- Forget – In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please submit a request to contact[at]redhousespice[dot]com.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for record-keeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law.
For European Economic Area Residents
If you are a resident of a country in the EEA, you have the rights, among others, to:
- (i) access your personal data
- (ii) ensure the accuracy of your personal data
- (iii) the right to have us delete your personal data
- (iv) the right to restrict further processing of your personal data, and
- (v) the right to complain to a supervisory authority in your country of residence in the event that data is misused
If you believe that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state of your residence, your place of work, or the place of the alleged infringement. You may exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data by written notice to contact[at]redhousespice[dot]com.