Enoki Mushroom with Garlic Sauce (蒜蓉金针菇)
Garlicky, spicy, aromatic with a pleasantly crunchy texture, enoki mushroom tastes amazing when steamed with garlic sauce.
- 300 g enoki mushroom 10oz
- 1 tablespoon neutral cooking oil
- 2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoon minced fresh chili, or homemade pickled chili garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoon light soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon oyster sauce see note 1 for the vegetarian option
- 1 pinch sugar
- Scallion or coriander(cilantro), finely chopped
Fry the sauce
In a wok/pan, fry minced garlic and minced chili (or homemade pickled chili garlic sauce) in oil over medium heat until fragrant.
Add light soy sauce, oyster sauce and sugar. Mix well.
Steam the dish
Place enoki mushroom over a serving plate. Scatter the sauce over.
Bring water to a full boil in your steaming setup (see note 2). Carefully put in the plate. Cover with a lid and leave to steam for 4 mins.
Garnish with chopped scallion or coriander(cilantro). Serve immediately.
1. If you wish to make this dish vegetarian/vegan, replace regular oyster sauce with vegetarian oyster sauce which is known as “mushroom vegetarian stir-fry sauce/素食蚝油”. If none of these is available, increase light soy sauce to 2½ tablespoon
2. The steaming set-up can be a bamboo/metal/plastic steamer, or a wok/large pot with a steamer rack (You may also use a small bowl to support the plate).
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 168kcal